Mar 29, 2011



I cannot believe I have not posted to my blog since last September! Shame on me. I have, however, been enjoying some other wonderful blogs. In fact if I allowed myself the luxury, I could spend the day surfing other blogs. A new favorite is Slim Paley. She always makes such simple everyday things seem fascinating...that is a true gift. I also love the photos she posts. If you want to take a peak, click here. Do check out her "View from the Window" post. Oh how I would love to live in her home in Santa Barbara, lucky lady!

Speaking of the view from the window, the February frost here was the worst in 40 years! Boy did it raise havoc with my beautiful plants and flowers. I finally got up the nerve and energy to take the clippers to them and shave off all the dead stuff leaving very little behind. It will probably take a year before some of them are back to where they once were. Oh how it breaks my heart to see them that way, especially when I compare them to the photos I took last year when they were in full array.

There is one really fun ray of hope though...the wisteria I have been nursing along for two years without even one bud is bursting with color! Go figure? I love wisteria and so I am really trilled to see it in bloom. I guess that is my consolation for losing all the others. In any event the weather is gorgeous again with warm sunny days and cool evenings. So life is good and I mean really, who could ask for more than that?:)

3 comments:

HoboChicGal said...

The flowers are pretty! It's finally warming up around here again too. Glad I spent my Spring Break there though instead of in the rain here!

Amy K said...

I love that shade of purple. :o) Reminds me of the color we painted my room in Nevada City at the house on Gethsemane. The one with the little window in the back of my closet. Do you remember that? I could see traffic on I-80 coming down the mountain at night.

Bonnie said...

How fun to hear from my girls tonight:) Yes, I surely do remember that room Amy...and that house. It had such charm. I love that color too!