May 5, 2010


Since I am already behind...I will also do a B;-)

B...birth. I am a small town girl who grew up in Michigan. The thumb of Michigan to be more precise. I spent many of my summers with some of my cousins in the early years on my Aunt Ila's farm. I am so sad that my children/grandchildren will never have the opportunity to drive a tractor or attend a little one room country schoolhouse.

I remember the smells of fresh baked breads and homemade soups in my aunt's country kitchen for the work hands during harvesting time. Also, riding on my cousin's horse and running through the fields and hiding in the straw stacks. I wish every child could have this opportunity....thanks Aunt Ila where ever you are in the great beyond. Thanks for some of my most treasured memories;-)

No comments: