May 16, 2010

Love the Youth of our Church

This was our monthly fast Sunday and so that meant sharing personal testimonies at church today. I love testimony meetings, in fact, that was the very first LDS meeting I ever attended. There is something special about hearing a person share the deep and tender feelings of their heart. I believe that it is a true bonding experience and really helps to bring us closer together. It was especially good today because our young men and women just returned from a trip to the new Gila Temple open house and shared some of their spiritual experiences with us. It was so great to hear these young people stand up one by one and boldly proclaim their love of the Savior and their testimony of the divinity of temple work with all of us. I am always amazed at the strength of their convictions...it is awesome! I sometimes wonder who is leading and who is following;-)

Isn't it wonderful to know that our future is in the hands of such powerful spirits as these...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I, too, was so amazed with the youth and their faith. It was a great testimony meeting!