May 21, 2010

Pistachios and Feng Shui


Well, I believe I am on the letter P and that works for me because I have been chomping down pistachios like there is no tomorrow this morning! How does one stop once one starts? I am sitting here waiting for a repairman for my ice maker and reading a wonderful book entitled "Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui" by Karen Kingston. Matti mentioned it to me a while back and said it has helped her so much in organizing her little 400 sq. ft. home in Hawaii. Anyway, I picked it up from my local library and started reading it and... low and behold, I think I ate half the bucket of nuts! I especially love the peppered ones from Costco:) Unfortunately, they haunt me when they are in my cupboard so I try to resist them most of the time.

That brings me to the Feng Shui book and Matti you are so right! I would like to highly recommend it to everyone I know...but especially the clutter-aholics out there. I consider myself to be pretty organized and actually cleared out a lot of stuff when I moved here, but after reading this book I know there is more work for me to do! It truly was so freeing to clean out many of my long hoarded "treasures" last year, but according to Ms. Kingston, "You are connected to everything you own by fine strands of energy. When your home is filled with things that you love or use well it becomes an incredible source of support and nourishment for you. Clutter, on the other hand, drags your energy down, and the longer you keep it, the more it will affect you. When you get rid of everything that has no real meaning or significance for you, you literally feel lighter in body, mind and spirit." She goes on to say that this can become a major culprit in depression, overeating and poor health. (Do you suppose that includes pistachios:) She describes those "strands of energy" as a tangled bowl of spaghetti when we allow the clutter to build up in our homes. She says this sort of "build up" in our home is literally clogging up our progression and our ability to move on in life. She also explains why we keep clutter and how to stay clutter free. That's certainly going to be my goal! Anyway it is an easy read and a fascinating one as well, so you may want to check it out;-)

By the way, does anyone know a cure for pistachio-aholics???

1 comment:

Matti said...

Glad you are liking it! I saw those pistachios at Costco the other day...and I was SOOO tempted to buy them. But I knew I would eat the entire package within a week. But, maybe I'll grab a bag next time I'm there and just keep them in the cupboard till you get here.