May 17, 2010

Mmmmmmmmmm....


M is the letter for my post today....and I am going to talk about monkeys;-) Not the cute ones with the long tails that swing from vine to vine at the zoo. No I mean the ones that have strangleholds around our necks that we carry on our backs!

It is a concept I learn many years ago in a time-management class and it has stayed with me through the years. We all do it from time to time and we all have them sooner or later. Some of us are real champs at it...or is that chimp chumps! They are those things on our "to-do" list that never quite get done...but, hopefully "one of these daze"! Well I am deciding today to get rid of all those irritating "monkeys" that do nothing but continually cause me stress. Things like that pile of mailers that might have a good coupon to clip if I just had time to go though it, or that fabric I bought several years ago waiting to be used in a craft project, that dress in my closet that needs altering and is probably out of date now anyway, or that file in my desk drawer marked "miscellaneous", that old thrift store find that needs some paint and updating (but not sure where I would put it if I did fix it), all those recipes I clipped and will "someday" organize, and I know there are several more...ugh! Enough already!!! It's a wonder I can even stand up straight with all those monkeys clamoring for position...

Anyway...this gal will be walking taller the next time you see her..."look mom, no more monkeys"!:)

1 comment:

Matti said...

Sure glad you like monkies. I have 2 little ones here anxiously awaiting your visit in a few months. Can't wait to see you!